I have had my blog for several years and have only recently discovered blogging group pages on Facebook. This past year I joined a group that I thoroughly enjoy. There are few like this out in the ‘virtual’ world. This group Sharing, Inspiring, Promoting Bloggers is a great group. A few weeks ago there was a thread that I jumped in on. I could not resist it. I sat for a good couple of hours laughing and reading and commenting. It was like a high-speed pen-pal journey, you remember pen-pals, don’t you? You know those names you pulled out of a box in primary school, a name from a different country or state and you wrote them mainly as an exercise for grammar and learning to write letters. But, if you were lucky enough, you got a response and a long distance friendship was born. It was always exciting to get a letter with a foreign stamp on the front of it and you opened the paper to discover something new about someone. This is what that thread was like. I sat on my couch in my living room in the south, sipping some iced tea, but it felt like I was sitting on someone’s porch with a group of friends. It was wonderful.
What transpired was a list of questions that several of us are responding to. Please check out the link above if you are looking for a dynamic group to be part of on Facebook. Below are the answers to the questions posed that delightful day.
- What is your favorite Summer holiday destination? I have so many places that I have enjoyed that this would be a list, anyplace with my grandchildren, the state of Maine, Disney resorts (or any amusement park), Prince Edward Island, camping in the mountains, or just my backyard!
- What is my favorite childhood memory of Summer? Playing with my sisters, riding our bikes, walking barefoot to the community pool, going to the park sitting on the monkey bars and eating potato chips with my sister, playing kick ball and hide and seek with the neighborhood kids. I had a great time in the summer when I was a kid.
- Which do you prefer: ice cream or frozen yogurt? Summers are made for ice cream, or frozen custard (soft serve). For soft serve, it has to be vanilla dipped in chocolate and ice cream I love is cherry vanilla. Of course my favorite ice cream can change with the day also!
- What is your go to meal on a hot Summer evening? When we lived in a house with no air conditioning, it was either taco salad or fruit salad with a sweet dip and muffins. Now that I have the luxury of an air-conditioned house I cook whatever I feel like! Just so it is quick and easy!
- What is your favorite BBQ food? I have recently learned that here in the south, BBQ is its own food, but, having grown up in the northern states I think of BBQ as anything cooked on the outside grill. (I gave that disclaimer for any of my local friend who may be reading) There is nothing better to me than a hot dog on the grill. A plain, simple hot dog, on a bun with catsup and a tiny bit of mustard and if hubby isn’t going to be around, then a spoonful of diced onions. And now, that is what I want for dinner!
- Share a song that takes you back to an amazing Summer. The summer of 69 was probably my favorite summer. It was the summer before high school and I loved that summer. I think we are alone now by Tommy James and the Shondells takes me back.
- How do you beat the heat in summer? As I mentioned before, I do love my air conditioning! I sit inside and pray for summer to end!! I am not a summer person, really, I am not.
- Do you prefer swimming in an ocean or a pool? I immediately say pool since you know what is beneath you, but, once I am in the ocean I love it. I love the spray on my face and the feeling of the sand flowing out from under my feet as the waves go back and forth.
- Do you prefer to travel with family, friends or solo? I most enjoy just getting away with my hubby, we make a great team traveling together. Family is fun, but it can get tiring for everyone. The kids get tired and their parents get tired and since we are old, we are always tired. Solo is fun, I have done that a couple of times and I really like it, but, if I were always alone, it would not be fun at all. I have a whole book of memories traveling with a friend that I will someday share, it was a riot.
- Flip flops or barefoot? There was a time when it was only bare feet for me, the soft grass of Northwest Pennsylvania is wonderful to sink your feet into. But, the feel of grasses in most of the places we have lived has never matched that feel of grass in childhood and I have since been a feet covered person. I will wear flip-flops at time, but for the most part its athletic shoes and socks!!
I have had so much fun thinking of answers and traveling back in my mind and looking through the scrapbook of my mental memories for this post. I thank the members of this group for extending not only friendship but encouragement and information, you are all the best!
Hope you enjoyed this post as much as I enjoyed writing it. Cathi (DAF)
13 thoughts on “SIPB SUMMER BLOG TAG”
Lovely answers Cathi!!!!
thank you Ritu!
What a fun read! Always want to learn more about my dear friend. 🙂 I’ve had the hot dog you describe at your house- yummy! And your delicious potato salad to go with it. Afterwards my sitting on your porch, chatting it up with you and hubby, and admiring the gorgeous backyard view is a cherished memory. Love and miss you!
love and miss you too Lynne, have been thinking of you all day long today.
Hi Daf – Thank you for participating in this SIPB Summer Tag and also being part of the FB SIPB group. Sorry I could not find your Twitter handle to tag you, but will RT and share on my other FB page as well.
I don’t have a twitter accn’t!
❤️❤️❤️. I loved it!
So enjoyed reading your answers. More than a few I am on the same page as you. Hamburgers for me when you put the bbq on
I will have them ready for you! Thanks for stopping by!
It was a smashing read and lovely to be in SIPB alongside you.
thank you so much Ellen!
What fun answers! What a fun read!
I am off to find this Facebook Group!
Chicken is my fave on the bbq grill!
yay! It’s a great group to be a part of!