In November I received an award. This award was given me by a very special blogger that I consider a friend. She writes at:http://life-with-the-topdown.com/. Her blog is a mixture of humor and truth and she challenges me and inspires me in so many ways.
When she wrote about this award, it was sprinkled with humor and grace. She awarded this to myself and to several of the other blogs I follow. Each blogger has mentioned and written about this award with inspiration and fun and I have struggled to write about it with a new twist. Since, for some reason, I am unable to come up with a new angle, I will just write.
The award given to me is
The Rules for the Liebster Award are as follows:
- Link back to the blogger who gave you this award
- Post the award to your blog
- Post 11 things about yourself.
- Answer the questions asked of you, plus create 11 new questions for your nominees to answer
- Nominate 11 people you think deserve the award and link them to your post.
- Go to their pages and tell them they have been chosen
So, now, here I plunge into accomplishing what this award requires. BTW, I do love getting awards, it makes me feel so very special!
The eleven things about myself is a bit hard. As I really strive to be anonymous, each thing revealed also reveals a bit about myself. But, hey, it’s a new year, let’s do it!
1. I have a scar on my right leg. I fell going up a hill when I was 7 and a piece of a stick broke off in my leg. It travelled around my bone and came out the same hole as it went in… no lie. I couldn’t really walk for several weeks while it made its trip around my calf.
2. I am claustrophobic
3. I love the mountains. They are majestic and they give me a peace that I can’t explain.
4. I love potato chips.
5. I am a painter, but don’t like having people see my work.
6. I am a middle child.
7. I would love to be a speaker at women’s groups, but don’t know how to go about doing that.
8. I broke my back sledding 12 years ago. It was a great ride down the hill until I met that boulder.
9. I will be returning to the work force this year and it literally scare me to death!
10. My grandson makes my heart smile the way no one else can make me smile.
11. My first name is….. hah! caught ya with that one…
Now here are the questions I have to answer:
1. What is you favorite song of all time? Send in the Clowns… has been since the first time I heard it.
2. Boxers, briefs, boy shorts, granny panties, thong or the universal choice of Commando? Granny panties, comfort is key for me.
3. Would you break the law to save a loved one? I was raised Catholic, I have too much Catholic guilt to do anything wrong.
4. Would you go back to being a teenager, without the wisdom you have now? Absolutely NOT.
5. What are you most grateful for? My family. They mean the world to me
6. Are you a beach or mountain kind of person? I have already answered that, definitely a mountain person
7. Reveal one of your guilty pleasures? When I travel, having a decadent coffee drink.
8. Are you a dark, milk or white chocolate lover? All are great, I am not a respecter of chocolate.
9. If you could give a newborn child one piece of advice, what would it be? To always be yourself.
10. What is your best childhood memory? Going shopping with my Dad and getting a new spring jacket that had an apple on it.
11. Do you act your age or your show size? Neither… my age is irrelevant and my feet are big!
The eleven questions I would ask are:
1. What is your favorite season?
2. What is your favorite dessert?
3. Where would you go on vacation, if money were no object?
4. What is your idea of a great night out?
5. What is your least favorite color? Why?
6. Dog or cat person?
7. What grosses you out?
8. Where were you born?
9. What is your favorite flower?
10. What smell makes you feel at home?
11. What is your favorite holiday?
Now, this award, as described by Life with the Top Down, is: Liebster (pronounced: leeb-stir) is a German word meaning sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome. The Liebster Blog Award recognizes up and coming bloggers and winners are asked to “pay it back and forward.” The award is given to those bloggers who have less than 200 followers.
So, now, drum roll, please….
Here are the bloggers I think deserve to have this award: